WordPress theme for Ubuntu community teams

Pasi Lallinaho pasi at shimmerproject.org
Sat Mar 12 11:55:58 UTC 2016

On 2016-01-25 18:13, Pasi Lallinaho wrote:
> Hello,
>
> as I've mentioned a few times on the IRC channel, I've designed and
> built a WordPress theme which all Ubuntu community teams (and why not
> individuals) can use.
>
> At the moment, I think the theme has got enough features and testing to
> be released for public testing. Most importantly, I would like to hear
> feedback from people who are running a community team that could
> potentially use this theme. If you intend to use the theme, PLEASE READ
> THE NOTE at the end of this email.
>
> Without further ado, the theme code is in Github at
> https://github.com/knomepasi/ubuntu-community-wordpress-theme/
>
> The features of the theme include:
> – A visual look that matches ubuntu.com in the most part (not a direct copy)
> – Three different widget areas and a navigation menu for content
> customization
> – Some responsive design to make sure the theme works with most handheld
> devices
> – Customization option to change the header logo (for LoCo teams etc.)
> – Customization options to change the colors of the theme (for flavor
> teams etc.)
>
> There are still a few things missing, and everything will not work
> perfectly. As things are reported to me (especially things that matter
> to those who are willing to use the theme), I will eventually have a
> look at them. Some of this is listed in the TODO and the issues, so
> please check them first.
>
> All (new) bugs and feature requests (including support for specific
> widgets/plugin output) can be filed as Github issues against the
> repository. I will try to reply to them as soon as possible.
>
> If you want to help with the theme development, be in touch with me.
>
> If you have any questions regarding the theme, be in touch with me.
>
> Cheers,
> Pasi
>
> PLEASE NOTE: I intend to work with the Canonical IS to make this theme
> available in the Canonical WordPress farm, but only when it's been
> tested enough to be sure it doesn't have any obvious issues. For this
> reason, please refrain from asking this theme to be uploaded yet.
> Additionally, even if you run your site outside the Canonical farm, I
> would ask you to wait until I have announced the first public non-beta
> release (likely on this mailing list). After the first release, please
> make sure you update the theme whenever a new version is released.

Hello,

for everybody interested, I've requested a code review for the theme
from the Canonical IS today [1].

Hopefully we have the theme ready to use sooner than later in the
Canonical WordPress cloud – ideally well before the 16.04 release. I'll
send more information about the schedule and process to get the theme in
use when I know more.

For those who want to use the theme outside the Canonical maintained
instances, feel free to do so now. If you do that though, I'd happily
hear from you!

Cheers,
Pasi

[1] https://rt.ubuntu.com/Ticket/Display.html?id=28247