Ubuntu Community Q&A

Ian Weisser ian-weisser at ubuntu.com
Fri Apr 1 03:18:05 UTC 2016

On Wed, 2016-03-30 at 12:09 +0200, Daniel Holbach wrote:

> As the format hasn't changed in quite some time we felt it was time
> to do something to make it a bit more interesting again. We also felt
> it was worth opening up the format a bit more.

> Is this something you'd generally be interested in? Do you have any
> ideas on how we could jazz up the Q&As a bit?

I think a slightly wider net of guests is enough change:

-Perhaps the occasional Community Council member a few times each year.
-Perhaps Bug Squad and support channel and Documentation Team
representatives a few times each year so they can recruit.
-Perhaps the occasional live demo of something cool and new.
-Perhaps the occasional announcement...or authorized tease.

But not too much.

As I recall, Jono's original format was intended to heal the community
after the big community blowup of 2011-2012, and I think it did so
rather well. The original format was mostly listening to defuse
acrimony and a bit of countering FUD.

Since such blowups sometimes happen at surprising times or for
unexpected reasons, I think that patient and listening element of the
Q&A is most important to keep up front.

Cheers,

Ian