Celebrating 15.10 as a community

Michael Hall mhall119 at ubuntu.com
Wed Sep 16 18:23:44 UTC 2015

So we're about a month away from unleashing the Wily Werewolf, and while
I hope our loco teams are all starting to plan release parties[1] in
their area, I thought it would be fun to find a way to bring the global
community together in celebration.

My initial thought was to have a long-running Google+ Hangout, or some
other video feed where people can join anytime, chat for a bit, shout
hurray, and then drop off. But it was pointed out to me that such
disorganized things rarely work out well.

So I'm asking for ideas from the rest of you. What is something we can
do to celebrate release day that is (A) online, (B) globally available
and (C) encourages community participation and promotion.

[1] http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/global/3141/
--
Michael Hall
mhall119 at ubuntu.com