The new Launchpad team is ready

Alberto Salvia Novella es20490446e at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 13:46:14 UTC 2015

Alan Pope:
 > You have irritated multiple people in many places now. Please
 > reconsider what you have done and take time to look at yourself and
 > not shift blame for this upset to everyone else.

If someone got upset elsewhere, is there where it has to be solved.

Moreover if it's that the thing, probably you are referring to something
that happened a long time ago. If it isn't, then it has been said
cordially like here.

Alan Pope:
> Not arriving in a community resource (this list) and immediately
> making sweeping changes disrupting the workflow of over 100 other
> people.

It has been Randall who made the change, who is a former member and a
Canonical employee. And as soon as people showed disagreement we started
speaking about it in an aim to solve it.

Alan Pope:
 > Not creating new resources for people to maintain when the existing
 > resources work just fine for their intended purposes.

The purpose of the Launchpad team is mainly to advertise it, so it has
to do with new users rather than with the current ones.

Because in that case it's a fact that things are going wrong:
<https://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=%2Fm%2F03x5qm>

Alan Pope:
 > Just because he created a team (which I also don't see the point of)
 > doesn't mean we are obliged to move the list.

It wasn't an obligation but a proposal. We have already spoken about it
an agreed that it would be a bad decision.

Alan Pope:
 > There is a significant difference between:-
 >
 > a) making a prototype thing and sharing it looking for opinions
 > b) making an alternative to an existing thing as a prototype, which
 > causes 100+ people to muck about with their workflow to be part of.
 > c) discussing the need for a prototype new thing, then making it if
 > consensus felt it was required.
 >
 > You chose (b), when you probably should have gone for (c).

That could be true, although that doesn't fall under my responsibility
ground but Randall's.

On the other hand, been that it has been done in good will and we agreed
to remove the team if that was what popped up from the conversation, you
have been giving too much importance to the mistake.

Alan Pope:
 > Careful, you're in danger of upsetting even more people by making rash
 > assumptions about how they're feeling and misinterpreting their reply.

When I have to repeat myself over and over, and still receiving answers
about if we are imposing something, it isn't an interpretation but a
fact that people are not paying attention.