Flavours mailing list?

Micah Gersten micahg at ubuntu.com
Mon Oct 12 13:00:16 UTC 2015

On October 12, 2015 3:57:39 AM CDT, Daniel Holbach <daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>Hello everybody,
>
>yesterday when I wrote a blog post about nominations for the CC still
>being collected, I thought "wouldn't it be great if more flavours were
>represented there"?
>
>Today I thought "wouldn't it be great if we had track leads for UOS
>from
>some of our flavours"?
>
>Then I thought "wouldn't it be great if we had a mailing list for
>flavours"? Why I felt this might be a good idea is because
>
> - members of the flavour communities could update each other on
>   what's happening and what's changing
> - comon things like re-branding or providing different defaults
>   could be easily discussed on there
> - release coordination might be easier
> - and probably more...
>
>If you're part of a Ubuntu flavour community, what do you think? Does
>this make sense or are the current discussion and coordination fora
>enough?
>
>Let me know how you feel about this.
>
>Have a great day,
> Daniel

I think the current devel, devel-announce, and release mailing lists are sufficient for cross-flavor communication or when something potentially impacts another team.  Flavor leaders already watch these lists for things that interest flavors and forward them on as needed.  There are already so many lists that I'm not sure that a generic flavor list would add sufficient value and would most likely just end up as another copy of the email for most people that are involved.  Flavors are part of the development community (and actually make up a significant part of community Ubuntu development at this point), so I think using the Ubuntu development community lists are very appropriate.
Thanks,
Micah