Details on Incoming Funds - October 2012 to April of 2013

David Planella david.planella at ubuntu.com
Thu May 28 12:47:51 UTC 2015

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 4:18 PM, Rohan Garg <rohangarg at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 3:23 PM, Charles Profitt <ubuntu at cprofitt.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > The Community Council was asked to get the details of the incoming money
> for
> > the donations program for the period of October 2012 to April 2013. We
> > received that information recently and it has now been posted here and on
> > the Fridge [1].
> >
> > The Community Council was asked to get some information about the
> breakdown
> > of incoming donations for the period of October 2012 to April of 2013.
> They
> > received a response from Canonical.
> >
> > Here are the details:
> >
> > Sliders, from Oct 2012 to Apr 2013
> >
> > Community: $47,769.58
> > Flavours: $47,042.42
> > Upstream: $48,303.55
> >
> > As has been stated before there is no accounting of how the money was
> spent.
> > The Community Council worked collaboratively with Canonical through the
> > Canonical Community Team to improve the process for tracking
> > expenditures.[2][3]
> >

> Thanks a ton for getting this information :)
>
> Just so that I'm reading this correctly, there is no accounting for a
> total of 143,000 USD in donations.

Hi Rohan,

The figures are clear from the statement, and the answer is the same as
stated previously, also on this mailing list as accepted by Jonathan [1].

There wasn't a system in place for transparent accounting and donations
requests three years ago, which was taken into consideration and
subsequently fixed by the start of the Community Donations program a few
months later.

Cheers,
David.

[1]