donation to flavours in 2012

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Sun May 17 20:22:14 UTC 2015

On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 05:57:58AM -0700, Nathan Haines wrote:
> On 05/17/2015 05:46 AM, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> >On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 06:19:42PM -0700, Nathan Haines wrote:
> >>But whether they did or not, this is still a discussion to be had
> >>between Kubuntu developers and Canonical.  Perhaps the Community Team as
> >>a starting point.
> >
> >The Canonical community team is on this list but so far they've just
> >avoided answering questions about it.
>
> Except for when they did and you misquoted them a couple messages later,
> so that's not really true either.  And so I repeat myself: this is a
> discussion to have directly with Canonical, not something to yell about
> in front of a bunch of activists and event organizers.
>
> "I didn't get the money I didn't ask for" isn't a particularly effective
> rallying cry, and anyone who's been through the community funds
> reimbursement process knows how dedicated Michelle is in working with
> applicants.

Canonical has a team to deal with these community issues and this is
the list to discuss it on. We're waiting for an answer to the simple
question of what happened to the donations for better support of
flavours fromoct 2012 to june 2013.  So far Michael hasn't said what
he understands and Daniel has said it was spent on existing budgets.
There's been 3 years to deal with this and the response so far is not
acceptable.  Any suggestion that it's acceptable to take donations for
a project without consulting with that project on doing so or spending
it is nonsense.  A suggestion that it's acceptable to but it to other
use because you've decided it's not really needed is just stupid and I
doubt anyone else with give it credence.

Jonathan