donation to flavours in 2012

Felix Lange lange-f at gmx.net
Thu May 14 14:03:29 UTC 2015

May I, as a all-day Kubuntu User, interfere?
The issue at its core seems to be - as far as i understood - that
Canonical collected Money for flavors of Ubuntu, with the collecting
as a own Idea of them, but newer really payed that Money to Kubuntu,
right?
as Jonathan allready stated, he doesn't know at with cost Ubuntu Gnome
was developed. So Before contacting Canonical and demanding money,
asking the Ubuntu Gnome team if they got some of the Money - like
Jonathan did - is the best idea at this state.
Of corse, if canonical collected Money for one reason and now spends
it for another is critical, and pointing this issue out is definitely
good. But as Problems allways get worse when money is involved, asking
other flavors first is definitely a good idea. And no, it's not
Jonathan's job to get Canonicals finance done. But i wouldn't straight
away say that Canonical is braking trust or even acting criminally,
they are acting uncommunicative, in worst case. And if they Spent the
Money on different Projects, it might be worth asking what projects
exactly, maybe they did help flavors after all, directly or
indirectly. pleas keep that in mind.
Summed up, i  think we're still missing information in order to judge
rather Canonical is acting right or wrong.
Just my thoughts on the topic, but as i'm not involved i might as well
simply have no clue how things are going or handled.
Felix Lange