Dialogue and moving forward

Charles Profitt ubuntu at cprofitt.com
Sun Jun 21 20:57:03 UTC 2015

onathan:

On Sun, 2015-06-21 at 19:51 +0100, Jonathan Riddell wrote:

> This makes zero difference, it is still putting the Ubuntu project's
> name through the mud.  I have never seen such bad people management in
> any sphere of life.

I would like to better understand the actual concern you have expressed
here. "Ubuntu Project's name through the mud."

How do you feel the post on the Fridge is worse than a blog post that is
on the planet feed? [1][2] Or an interview on Linux Luddites? [3]

>From my vantage point the press had the details on the situation and
were publishing stories before the post was made to the Fridge.
[4][5][6][7] Members of the Kubuntu community started a social media
campaign over the Community Council's decision. [8] I am not sure if the
post on the Fridge really stands out in regard to what you have claimed.

As to the unnecessary and inflammatory extra you added about "never seen
such bad people management in any sphere of life"; I wonder what value
you felt this had in helping to move forward? For me this is another
example of the type of communication which brought us to this place in
the first place.

I am hoping that the KC and others will be more willing to back away
from inflammatory rhetoric and move forward, but I understand that will
be more difficult if you continue to stoke the flames.

Charles

----
[1] -
https://skitterman.wordpress.com/2015/05/26/information-exchange-between-the-ubuntu-community-council-and-the-kubuntu-council/