Dialogue and moving forward

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Sat Jun 20 16:15:36 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jun 20, 2015 at 09:08:08AM -0700, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> If there's any information in the Fridge post you find factually
> inaccurate, I trust the Council would work quickly to correct it.
>
> If instead the concern is merely as you wrote, that it was public, it
> would appear that more careful consideration of the implications of
> public posts would be useful for everyone.

I don't mind it being public, it just quotes public stuff anyway.
There's another secret file the CC put together which contains more
quotes of mine that I'm happy to stand by and I'd be perfectly happy
for that be made public.  But putting an article on a news site
directly to critisise a community member is bullying, petty and
grossly unprofessional.  I've never seen anything like it before from
any open source project and especially not coming from people employed
to do community management, it's a complete failure and it futher
harms the Ubuntu project.

Jonathan