Developments on the Ubuntu governance

cprofitt cprofitt at ubuntu.com
Sun Nov 16 16:12:19 UTC 2014

On Sun, 2014-11-16 at 17:52 +0530, Aveem Ashfaq wrote:
> Dear people,
>

> There are a few developments I would like to report. First of them,
> the inclusion of launchpad website for the geeky side of ubuntu.
>
> https://launchpad.net/bridging-gaps

> I have also got a google plus page setup. I took the liberty of using
> Ubuntu logo and modifying it. Please tell me if that is not legal.
>
> https://plus.google.com/104023546235902969368/
>

> If you can compose music, make animations, edit photos in gimp, you
> have any ideas, inspirational videos etc, please share them there. I
> can use them.
>

> You can also contact me at aveemashfaq at gmail.com

This is a worthy project. I think there have been some past attempts at
doing this as well. Here are some existing resources I wanted to point
you too.

http://www.ubuntugeek.com/
http://howtoubuntu.org/
http://ubuntu-tutorials.com/

An Existing team - that appears to be inactive, but it might be worth
contacting people associated with it to see about reviving the team.
They already have an IRC channel and mailing list setup.
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-screencasts
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ScreencastTeam

I hope this helps. I am interested in helping to make some video
tutorials, but have to get some free time.

Charles