Ubuntu Governance: Reboot?

Svetlana Belkin belkinsa at ubuntu.com
Sat Nov 15 13:04:28 UTC 2014

On 11/14/2014 11:56 PM, Nathan Haines wrote:
>> I would say that there is no community strategic direction but only the
>> direction that Mark and Canonical lay out for the community.
>
> And that is because the community is not participating.  Which can be
> solved by greater community participation.  Which is a problem that Jono
> has identified and is advocating a solution to.

That is very true.  We are lacking people to get involved with the
various projects.  There is a very, very, small number of Ubuntu Members
that hold the weight of the Community.

Either we are lacking tools to inspire people and/or help them with them
getting into a project, or many people just don't have the time.
Governance won't help that.  What would help is getting people motivated
to create these such tools.  I think the CC could help with that, mainly
helping people to start these projects and keep them running along with
the Ubuntu Leadership team.
--
Svetlana Belkin
A.K.A: belkinsa