Ubuntu Governance: Reboot?

José Antonio Rey jose at ubuntu.com
Sat Nov 15 14:27:35 UTC 2014

Involvement in a project really depends on what a person likes or dislikes
doing.

I, personally, have always likes server-side stuff, so after contributing
to Juju for a while I am now a Charmer. At the beginning I would think that
it was for Canonical people only, but somehow I discovered that I was wrong
and it was, in fact, open for the wider community. I think that if someone
else wants to join and follows the guidelines established, they will become
Charmers pretty quickly. But yes, at the moment I am the only
'non-Canonical' charmer.

I guess that we need to make it pretty clear that all projects welcome
community members. The fact of not seeing any community members in a team
may be because no one had enough interest like to dedicate time for it. I
believe that by doing that we will see an improvement of community folks
helping in a team with mostly Canonical people.

--
José Antonio Rey