Mentoring Systems Within the Community

Svetlana Belkin belkinsa at ubuntu.com
Fri Dec 12 22:24:03 UTC 2014

On 12/12/2014 05:20 PM, cprofitt wrote:
> I think more important than mentoring is finding a way to get new people
> in to the discussion we are having now... in to the flow of the Ubuntu
> community... we need some new voices, fresh perspectives and
> 'youthful' (though not necessarily young in age) energy.

I guess the problem really lies in recruitment.  Don't you need
end-users who know what they are doing before they get involved (leading
included here)?  That's the goal of Linux Padawan, is the mentor
end-users to a point where they chose to get involved.  It's more a
hand-holding thing rather mentoring, but I think this could help us.
--
Svetlana Belkin
A.K.A: belkinsa