[ Ubuntu-cm ] Action Plan 2010

lug.limbe at gmail.com lug.limbe at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 10:11:02 GMT 2009

hello,

I think the idea is good, but i was thinking and thinking as something
was disturbing me, but i did not know what. after a long sleep and
dream, i know what is disturbing me: i think all activities like release
party good and we should continue,

BUT for me the main question should be: COMPUTER FOR WHAT?

I see in Limbe, that the computer are used, but to do what? Most of the
people just surf, chat, play... for it is not enough!

*you must find applications which really help the people here in cameroon

*i see following projects:

    * Do map with gps logger and openstreetmap. here in limbe we begin
      see www.openstreetmap.org search limbe or linux friends limbe. i
      propose to make a workshop for example january for all who are
      interested to make maps. i have 3 gps logger  a friend is in
      switzerland it could take more  (price : ~30'000 cfa)
    * Do conference as ubuntu-cm do allready with skype, but with ekiga,
      (skype is not open source) and try to improve it that we can have
      it as service for NGO virtuelle treffs
    * As the education should be an important point, if not the most
      important, build, give courses on information technology as well
      as all other education topics. in Limbe we use moodle as
      e-learning platform because it is very easy to use and install. it
      can be installed localhost or on internet, the exchange of courses
      is easy. it would be nice to work together, so we could present
      education courses for the Cameronian society. the course can be
      done reading, with teachers, or teacher live with ekiga
    * Build a internet site like commentcamarche www.commentcamarche.net
      but without advertising and concentrate on problems in cameroon

ok i stop and wait to look if interest is here...

michel

michel