[ubuntu-cloud] Fwd: #part-handler

Bo Shi bo at simpler.co
Mon Feb 11 21:30:40 UTC 2013

Hi Folks,

Is there a way to ensure that a particular custom part-handler is run
as the very last component to execute?

We use EC2 UserData (augmented via Ubuntu's CloudInit) to install
dependencies and have a relatively generic script to invoke
ec2-bundle-vol.  Due to us not being terribly sophisticated in
controlling the part execution order of our multi-part UserData, we're
somewhat constrained on the CloudInit features we can use.  It would
be straightforward to convert it to a part-handler plugin but, of
course, this particular handler would have to execute last.

(a copy of this email was sent last week but put in the moderation queue as
my email was not registered)