[ubuntu-cloud] Ubuntu Cloud Images automated release updates fully enabled

Ben Howard ben.howard at canonical.com
Mon Feb 4 19:32:57 UTC 2013

Earlier we announced[1] that Canonical had worked this cycle to enable
more frequent releases to the Ubuntu Cloud Images stable and long term
releases. As of today, we are pleased to announce that Ubuntu Server
10.04 LTS, 11.10, 12.04 LTS and 12.10 are now fully enabled to follow
the kernel SRU schedule with automated update releases. This means that
within a day or two of most SRU kernel releases, a new Ubuntu Cloud
Image will be published.

Please note: with this change, the release notes have been moved the
http://cloud-images.ubuntu.com/releases website. You can find them under
<SUITE>/release/unpacked/release-notes.txt. Effective today, all emails
announcing these new updates are discontinued.

However, at this time, 12.04 LTS and 12.10 Cloud Images are not yet
being promoted automatically to Windows Azure. We expect that as Windows
Azure moves closer to General Availability (i.e. moves out of preview
status) that automatic promotion will be enabled.

Please use either Cloud-Images[2], the AMI Finder[3], the RSS feed[4],
or "ubuntu-cloudimg-query" from the Cloud-Utils packages to find the
latest released images.

[1]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-cloud-announce/2013-January/000045.html
[2] http://cloud-images.ubuntu.com/releases