[ubuntu-cloud] S3 Beta mirrors (hashsum/size mismatches)

Ben Howard ben.howard at canonical.com
Thu Mar 8 00:16:03 UTC 2012

On 03/07/2012 05:03 PM, Dustin Kirkland wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 5:32 PM, Ben Howard <ben.howard at canonical.com> wrote:
>> The work around for the time being, is to disable apt http pipelining,
>> via '-o Acquire::http::Pipeline-Depth=0' on the command line or by
>> dropping 'Acquire::http::Pipeline-Depth "0";' into a in a configuration
>> file in /etc/apt/apt.conf.d.
>>
>> As always, your feedback on these mirrors is appreciated. Our ultimate
>> goal is to build more reliable mirrors, so any feedback that you can
>> provide will help us towards that goal.
> I think I know the answer to this question, but could we set this
> configuration as the default in our Ubuntu AWS images?

Yes, we are working on a cloud-init patch to allow cloud-init to manage
the setting. The default will be to disable pipelining, but will allow
users who wish to configure the manually to do so. We expect to SRU this
patch and then back-port it for all version of Ubuntu that are affected
(Hardy, Lucid, Maverick, Natty, Oneiric and Precise).

--

Ben Howard
ben.howard at canonical.com
Canonical