[ubuntu-cloud] EC2 Archive Mirror migration to S3 completed

Dmitrijs Ledkovs dmitrij.ledkov at ubuntu.com
Fri Jul 6 15:09:41 UTC 2012

On 06/07/12 15:49, Ben Howard wrote:
> In an effort to improve reliability of the Ubuntu archive mirrors, Canonical undertook a project to host the archives utilized by EC2
> instances with Amazon's S3.  We announced in April [1] that we would be switching over to the new mirrors and asked users to make preparations.

Because we know have bucketed S3 mirrors, is it possible to provide a
snapshot mirror service similar to
http://snapshot.debian.org/

which provides apt-getable debian archive for any time/date in the past.

currently you need to manually fetch individual build-records from
launchpadlibrarian and launchpad does not have facility to publish apt
mirror snapshot.

But it would be great if we can fake something like snapshot.debian.org
using S3 mirrors.

--
Regards,
Dmitrijs.