[ubuntu-cloud] Issue with Ubuntu 10.04 on EC2

Robbie Williamson robbie at ubuntu.com
Tue May 17 18:09:37 UTC 2011

On 05/17/2011 12:10 PM, Ahmed Kamal wrote:
> On 05/17/2011 05:59 PM, Chetan Sarva wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> In case others are unaware, there's currently an issue with running
>> Ubuntu 10.04 (lucid) on EC2. The folks at Silverline have apparently
>> narrowed the problem down to instances using a particular CPU:
>>
>> $ cat /proc/cpuinfo  | grep 'model name'
>> model name    : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           E5507  @ 2.27GHz
>>
>> Read more about it here: http://fw2.org/kPldS4
>>
>> The solution is to either use a custom kernel (via AKI), find an
>> instance without that CPU or run 10.10 (maverick) though you'll give
>> up LTS in that case.
> Hi, Is there a bug on Launchpad for that?

I believe Stefan (cc'd) is already on top of this one.

--
Robbie Williamson <robbie at ubuntu.com>
robbiew[irc.freenode.net]

"You can't be lucky all the time, but you can be smart everyday"
 -Mos Def

"Arrogance is thinking you are better than everyone else, while
Confidence is knowing no one else is better than you." -Me ;)