[ubuntu-cloud] support on ubuntu-cloud list

Eric Hammond ehammond at thinksome.com
Sat Feb 5 10:09:24 UTC 2011

Mark:

Is that last sentence a change in policy? From my recollection and a quick scan of the ubuntu-cloud mailing list archives, the folks on this list seem very helpful and friendly to people asking for help.

--
Eric Hammond

Mark Shuttleworth <mark at ubuntu.com> wrote:

On 04/02/11 04:15, Ashok Kumar wrote: > How can we setup a private cloud for my organization. Please let me > know which OS and Server, we should use for it. Ashok, you're in the right place. The standard Ubuntu server install should work on most common x86 servers, there's a list of certified ones at http://www.ubuntu.com/certification/search/?search=server Also, check out the announcement of pre-installed Ubuntu Enterprise Cloud on Dell's PowerEdge C servers, you can order a fully setup cloud to get going, then add to it over time as your need for scale increases. If you run into problems, there is official support from Canonical (available direct if you set it up yourself, and also available with the Dell offering). Discussions on the ubuntu-cloud at lists.ubuntu.com mailing list are not support oriented, they are more focused on where the cloud infrastructure will go in future and how to embrace all sorts of new cloud offerings and options. Mark -- Ubuntu-cloud mailing list