[ubuntu-cloud] Cloud Setup

Mark Shuttleworth mark at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 4 09:45:30 UTC 2011

On 04/02/11 04:15, Ashok Kumar wrote:
> How can we setup a private cloud for my organization.  Please  let me
> know which OS and Server, we should use for it.

Ashok, you're in the right place. The standard Ubuntu server install
should work on most common x86 servers, there's a list of certified ones
at http://www.ubuntu.com/certification/search/?search=server

Also, check out the announcement of pre-installed Ubuntu Enterprise
Cloud on Dell's PowerEdge C servers, you can order a fully setup cloud
to get going, then add to it over time as your need for scale increases.

If you run into problems, there is official support from Canonical
(available direct if you set it up yourself, and also available with the
Dell offering). Discussions on the ubuntu-cloud at lists.ubuntu.com mailing
list are not support oriented, they are more focused on where the cloud
infrastructure will go in future and how to embrace all sorts of new
cloud offerings and options.

Mark