[Ubuntu-ch] Problems with USB-Sticks and Swiss Remix

Theo Schmidt theo.schmidt at wilhelmtux.ch
Tue Oct 20 07:57:46 BST 2009

Myriam Schweingruber schrieb:
> For information about installing Ubuntu from USB flash drives, see
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/FromUSBStick - For a
> persistent live USB install, see: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LiveUsbPendrivePersistent
>
> That might help more than wikipages not related to the Ubuntu project...

Thank you, Myriam (and others). Yes, I missed those. They describe the methods
on the Wikipedia pages plus a few more. Unfortunately I was unable to do more
than test my original attempt before my brother-in-law left. On his new HP
laptop with a Turion something processor, boot time was 2 minutes with the
correct bahaviour of the splash screens. I am surprised at the great variation
of the same USB-Stick on different machines.

Contrary to my previous statement, the touchscreen does work with the
live-Ubuntu automagically! Its behaviour is different than with Windows: there
you can use your finger or the stylus supplied, with Ubuntu it works with the
stylus, but not with fingers, an advantage for some things.

Cheers, Theo