[Ubuntu-ch] Sugar and Ubuntu

Urs Lerch mail at ulerch.net
Fri Oct 16 21:02:03 BST 2009

Hi Wolf,

thank you for your interest an the infos. As far as I can see none of
these pages contains exactly what I mean. The solutions I know so far
are either an application on top of ubuntu or a live usb-solution. What
I think of is sugar as desktop environment instead of gnome rsp. kde.

What would that be good for? The association "linuxola" for example
recycles old hardware in Switzerland and sends it to african schools,
which also includes support and monitoring of relevant projects. On
these computers they install Linux and some educational software (kind
of edubuntu). In my opinion it would be a good idea if these computers
were equiped with Sugar, so the pedagogical concept could be used as
well.

I hope that my additional remarks clearly convey my idea. Would that be
of interest for you?

Regards,
Urs