[Ubuntu-ch] ZH RP (p)reviews at the Ubuntu Meeting

Ramon Cahenzli rca at fsfe.org
Fri Jul 18 15:20:40 BST 2008

Hi Dirk and all,

> perhaps we get a chance to be mentioned in an article, not the meeting date
> but the alternative os Ubuntu?
>
> Perhaps in "Digital Life" or "Hard and Software"?
>
> I think this gains more attention than an advertisement does.

That's a good point. We'd need someone to write a really gripping press
release that might have a chance to end up there. Do we have anyone
who's good at this sort of thing?

> Did you see any ad about the iPhone?

In fact, yes, Swisscom bought the entire front page of 20 Minuten :)

And when you read the announcements in the free newspapers, you notice
that the initial few articles just before/after the iPhone launch were
probably written in close cooperation (to put it nicely) with the
marketing people from the respective phone operator. One contained only
quotes from a Swisscom representative, the other only quotes from an
Orange one. It really did seem to be the Jesus Phone -- "today, a new
age of communication between humans begins" (Swisscom wrote something to
that effect).

Indirect ads -- perhaps we should try that way ;)

Ramon