[Ubuntu-ch] Ubuntu free beer newsletter :)

Pascal Mages pascal.mages at project21.ch
Wed Apr 16 20:58:21 BST 2008

Hi Patrick, dear all

The info in the email is correct but I added some additional comments
(see below). I also added some info regarding label prices.

I would be very happy if we could find a solution for Ubuntu FreeBeer
that works for all of us.

And if you have any questions regarding FreeBeer, do not hesitate to
contact me.

BTW: I'm looking for distribution partners all over Switzerland. If you
are interested drop me a line.

Thanks
Pascal

P.S. Ubuntu rocks! But Kubuntu rocks even more ;-)

Patrick Murena schrieb:
> Hi folks,
>
> A copy of this mail is sent to Pascal Mages from the freebeer project so
> he can react if I'm telling bu.... hum I think you got what I mean,
> don't you ??? ;)
>
> Ok let's go to the point. We met last Thursday and we've talk a little
> about the Ubuntu freebeer. At this meeting 3 main ideas were put on the
> table:
>
> 1. our own beer
> 2. freebeer and our own labels.
> 3 no branded bottles and our own labels.
>
> The first "our on beer" would be the best solution because the beer
> would be filled, labeled and ship all at ones. The down point is that we
> must order by  600 bottles packs and that freebeer must be consumed
> within 3 month after being brewed.
There is about Fr. 200.- to be added on the first order because of the
preparation of the label files for printing. This is if the labels come
in a printable fashion. If corrections are necessary, this will have to
be charged additionally.

The beer is good for three months from bottling. The Ubuntu FreeBeer
will be taken from a regular FreeBeer brew.

> Now the price, the bottle cost 3.-, the depot for each bottle is 0.50
> and the one for the crates is 5.- each. 600 bottles are shipped in 40
> crates which means:
>
> 600 * 3 + 600 * 0.5 + 40 * 5 = 2300.-
>
> The second idea "freebeer and our on label" here we buy freebeer and put
> our labels by hand on the bottles. The prices here would be the freebeer
> prices #1 plus work. The price per bottle is lower because of sponsoring
> and brew amount of the freebeer.
This is OK for the beginning and smaller quantities (as discussed). On
the long run I would have to ask the current sponsor if he is OK with
that. But as some already mentioned, it's not option ment to last anyway.

> The last option would be to buy none labeled bottles. Here the minimal
> amount would be 210 bottles which we could buy for 2.50 per bottle if we
> take them directly at the brewer or 2.70 if they're shipped in ZH. Again
> we would have to put the labels on the bottles by hand and the depot
> must be added to the price which would mean:
>
> 210 * 2.50 + 210 * 0.5 + 14 * 5 = 700.-
> or
> 210 * 2.70 + 210 * 0.5 + 14 * 5 = 742.-
>
> For the labels I'm still waiting the prices. I'll forward them as soon
> as they come in.
Here the prices of the label sets (front, back and neck) we use for the
regular FreeBeer (as for all other Beers made by Wädi-Bräu). 3'000
Labels cost around Fr. 820.-. You would have to add the Fr. 200.-
mentioned above for the first order of labels. Smaller quantities are
possible but they are not that much cheaper as there is a large economy
of scale in printing. If you want I can get you a quote for 600 label sets.
If you plan to get labeled Unbuntu FreeBeer bottles from us someday, I
highly recommend to order the labels from us. That's the only way we can
guarantee that the labels and the bottling machine work together well.

--
[project 21] - studentische Organisation für nachhaltige Entwicklung
www.project21.ch

Büro:
[project 21]
LEA D6