[Ubuntu-ch] Translating for Hardy Heron Swiss Remix

Theo Schmidt theo.schmidt at wilhelmtux.ch
Wed Apr 16 15:31:07 BST 2008

Dear List,

As you know, /ch/open is producing a Hardy Heron Swiss Remix. Daniel
Baumann is doing the remastering and I'm writing the instructions to go
on the DVD and testing the first versions. Stefan Sicher is doing the
cover and has already used the French translation developed here.

I've put what I've done so far at:

http://www.trampelwurm.ch/schmidt/wilhelmtux/swissremix/index.html

It is supposed to be in 4 languages. I've started with the German and
will properly translate into English. However the Babelfish translations
into French and Italian need a lot of work. Would anybody here like to
do this? These versions don't have to be the same, they can be
shortened. They need their own links of course. I can email anybody
interested files if you can't get them from the site.

Please also offer suggestions on the content in German if you like, good
links and stuff to include (can be any free licence, even non-commercial
ones). It looks like there might possibly be a few hunderd MB spare on
the DVD.

I think we will really have quite an attractive thing here!

Cheers,
Theo Schmidt, Wilhelm Tux