Preparing for the Video Chat meeting on 23 January 2014

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Sun Jan 12 21:13:11 UTC 2014

Aruna Hewapathirane wrote:
> Since we are going to have a Video Chat meeting, instead of the
> Ubuntu Hour at a public location why not have those interested in
> participating have a test-run from wherever they may be with
> whatever client they use ( Google+ hangouts, Skype etc) and we can
> have a fair idea of any issues before the actual meeting  ?

The reason I proposed an In-Real-Life Ubuntu Hour is because there's
nothing like hands-on support from a warm body. It's really tough to
fix your video chat software on a video chat channel, or get advice on
connecting to IRC on an IRC channel, or getting your e-mail password
reset by e-mail.

Besides, Ubuntu Hours are fun and easy. And you can buy a coffee for
the person who configures your webcam. All computer people love
coffee, right? http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=20120627

- --Bob.