dual boot problem SOLVED (sort of)

Che cheguebeara at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 19:23:37 UTC 2012

This might be related, sorry I have been away.

A couple of weeks ago I did a kernel update on Mint12 and poof no boot
no grub. At first I thought it was a bad video driver update so I
installed 12.04 in tandem and grub would allow me to boot into Ubuntu...

Last night I ran the kernel update on Ubuntu and poof same story once
again.

After a bit of a Google I came across instructions for running
boot-repair from the LiveCD and it was slick as a whistle. Grub is now
performing flawlessly again, or at least until the next kernel
upgrade...

Here is the link if you want to check it out for future reference:

http://howopensource.com/2012/05/reinstall-recover-grub-from-ubuntu-12-04-live-cd-usb/

Mark