can someone help

Deryl R. Doucette me at deryldoucette.com
Sat Oct 1 15:57:13 UTC 2011

You can:

A) Do a complete install from DVD for each machine and then have to do internet updates for anything that has changed since the DVD was cut.

B) Grab a netinstall image and install using that for each machine which requires internet and gets you everything as it is currently.

C) Attempt to set up a PXE server on your network somewhere (very difficult as you also need additional services and quite a bit of custom editing) which will allow you to let any network-boot capable machines boot themselves up and install themselves. This one is the hardest, but when configured correctly, is the most effective for mass installation and configuration of machines. (I'm looking into this myself but haven't reached the PXE image setup yet, so I can't give you more details yet. I can tell you that you'll need a DHCP server, local DNS server, and a PXE server complete with images of the installation DVD and any additional configuration details you want for each machine, as well as a customized install config unless you want to be standing there at each machine.

D) You can install a single machine, leaving the network portion etc unconfigured, fully complete the process, then image the drive from that machine and then mass duplicate. When you go to set each machine up, you would then do it individually by turning each machine on one at a time so as to be able to change the machine name before you let it on the network.

Anyways, that should be enough for you to start researching and go from there. Enjoy!

--
Deryl R. Doucette
"Any lad can choose the mundane, but tis the explorers that are truly free in choice!"

gnuPG Key ID: EE8734BA
Key Fingerprint: 1CAD 14AB B5D0 7C61 DCE7 41B6 DBAE D3BC EE87 34BA