Ubuntu Natty 11.04

James james2432 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 13:40:42 UTC 2011

I personally hate it. It's becoming more like mac(in the bad way)...It's
starting to hides everything power users love. In beta I couldn't access the
tty. Alt+F2(gnome I know) launcher is no longer there.

I'm not sure if it's still the case that once you launch an application(say
firefox) the icon becomes an application switch to and can't launch another
instance

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 9:02 AM, Tek Ang <rugbeeprop at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I just want to find out what everyone's impression of the new Ubuntu with
> Unity etc.
>
> I installed fresh, just so that I can get the full experience of it. So
> far, I like it. It changes the way I normally associate with old menu,
> launchers, panels, etc. I also noticed that the Help material is a lot more
> user friendly.
>
> A minor negative is that I find that the system at times lag in responding
> to input, especially mouse or touchpad.
>
> I don't follow much of the r&d development in detail, but does everyone
> feel that right now the OS developers (Linux, Apple, Microsoft, etc.) are
> trying to redefine the next standard UI for the next decade?
>

> Tek

外に遊びに行こう!