Ubuntu Natty 11.04

Tek Ang rugbeeprop at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 29 13:02:26 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

I just want to find out what everyone's impression of the new Ubuntu with Unity etc.

I installed fresh, just so that I can get the full experience of it. So far, I like it. It changes the way I normally associate with old menu, launchers, panels, etc. I also noticed that the Help material is a lot more user friendly.

A minor negative is that I find that the system at times lag in responding to input, especially mouse or touchpad.

I don't follow much of the r&d development in detail, but does everyone feel that right now the OS developers (Linux, Apple, Microsoft, etc.) are trying to redefine the next standard UI for the next decade?

Tek