Mailing List Tips

Ralph Janke txwikinger at ubuntu.com
Tue Apr 5 13:20:08 UTC 2011

  On 04/04/2011 08:52 PM, Kip Warner wrote:
> (4) When you reply, remember to reply at the bottom and not on the top.
> Top posting is generally not encouraged because it makes preservation of
> chronological order difficult to follow for readers.

The chronology is preserved in the mailing list server. No need to duplicate
everything always in each mail. I guess mostly it is done out of laziness or
because some people do not know how to use selecting quoting in their
mail client.

Often it is far better to put the comments close to the part which their
belong
to instead of having everything at the top or bottom anyway

Just my Canadian 2¢