Mailing List Tips

Tony Yarusso tonyyarusso at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 19:04:37 UTC 2011

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 7:51 AM, Doooh Head <doooh_head at hotmail.com> wrote:
> If an email client CAN'T interpret HTML by now then why bother with it?

Even with clients that *can* do HTML I prefer plain text - it's just
easier for me to work with.

This is not true.  A proper e-mail client acknowledges special headers
added by the mailing list software, such that Reply automatically goes
to the list.

On 04/04/2011 08:52 PM, Kip Warner wrote:
> (4) When you reply, remember to reply at the bottom and not on the top.
> Top posting is generally not encouraged because it makes preservation of
> chronological order difficult to follow for readers.

Kip means within the message, not between messages.  It's the e-mail
equivalent of road markings that say "AHEAD STOP".  Ian's link
explains this, as well as many other examples around the blagotubes.

 - Tony