Techies getting involved in the federal election.

Russell McOrmond russellmcormond at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 13:48:33 UTC 2011

  I don't wish to post an off-topic message about the election (Unless
the community asks me to :-), but wanted to point out some places
where such discussion would be on-topic.  There are some LUG
discussions happening in key ridings, but the following are (otherwise
quiet) Canada-wide forums where such things are welcomed and
encouraged.

  See the March archives for messages that can spark discussion.

  I'm watching a few electoral districts closely such as
Kitchener-Waterloo http://BillC32.ca/edid/35039 where the tech
community may have had a large influence in the previous election, and
may again this election.   I would love to hear more from across
Canada, and post answers from candidates on technology issues.

  Thank you, and please get involved!  Only if we speak out will our
rights and interests be protected by the government.

Please help us tell the Canadian Parliament to protect our property
rights as owners of Information Technology. Sign the petition!
http://fix.billc32.ca/petition/ict/

 manufacturers, can pry my camcorder, computer, home theatre, or
 portable media player from my cold dead hands!"