Printer

Brian McKee brian.mckee at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 14:53:52 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 10:00 PM, komputes <komputes at gmail.com> wrote:
> X73
> X83
> X3350
> Z13
> Z43
> Z45
> Z705
> X2250
> 1100
All cheap ink jets, and yes, as I said, Lexmark inkjets are often a
problem in Linux.

> C532
The C532 works perfect - have one here.
The cups drivers come on the cd in the box IIRC, if not, they are
certainly on the website, and don't require special software etc like
Brother or HP.

> E120N
Haven't had one of those - but the drivers are clearly listed on the
site - there's a .deb, and rpm, a tarball, many distros listed.
<http://support.lexmark.com/index?page=content&actp=DD_LIST&productCode=LEXMARK_E120N&id=DR14986&os=DEBIAN_GNU_LINUX_3_1&oslocale=en_US&segment=DOWNLOAD&userlocale=EN_CA&locale=en>
The other eXXX models I've used work fine.

> Lexmark makes some of the most affordable printers on the market but do
> not provide good Linux/CUPS drivers. Their support services are not very
> helpful and usually doesn't support Linux properly. Feel free to email
> Arvin (Linux Expert at Lexmark) at amagaway at lexmark.com with your feedback.

As I said before - their inkjets are a problem.
Their network lasers are all great - they grok standard postscript,
come with sensible ppd files and are completely configurable via the
built in web config panel. We've got lots of 'em.

If you've got a Lexmark laser you can't get to work, feel free to send
it to me :-)

Brian