Memeber of the Canadian Team

Andrew Mathenge mathenge at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 03:02:03 UTC 2009

Hello Daniel,

And welcome.

Joining this mailing list was a good start. There are a lot of people around
Canada who share your enthusiasm for Linux (especially Ubuntu) and so if you
send any of your questions to this mailing list, you're likely to find
someone who will help.

There are a lot of ways to help with the Ubuntu project but if you're
interested in development, perhaps you should also join some of the
development lists? You can get more information about those lists at this
site:

http://www.ubuntu.com/community/participate

In order to join the developer mailing list, go to this page:

Another way to get help or get involved are the IRC channels. I've found
these channels of great value when i'm stuck with a problem and I need quick
help. The main #ubuntu room is usually quite busy.

Lastly, take some time to check out the community contributed documentation.
If you've been a Windows user then there's good documentation here to help
you switch. You'll find that at:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UserDocumentation

There might be an initial feeling of "information overload." Don't worry.
Digest the information slowly.

All the best!

Andrew.