A few strange things with 8.10 Ubuntu.

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 00:04:05 UTC 2009

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 8:17 PM, Alfred <alfred.s at nexicom.net> wrote:

> 2) Sometimes I try to add some programs with ADD/REMOVE, and it says
> that my Confuser is an i386, except that I know it is an ATHALON XP. Is
> there a Kernel for AMD ATHALONS, like in Ubuntu's early days. I had one
> at the time, but then Kernels started going GENERIC. :(

Ubuntu developpers decided that the various kernel for various
architectures was not worth the trouble to maintain, thus for most
users a "generic" kernel is good enough.  These email from Matt
Zimmerman seems to be the one that started the ball toward that
decision:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2006-August/019983.html

--
Daniel Robitaille