Farewell, Ubuntu

Brent brent-hughes at shaw.ca
Sun Oct 5 17:20:11 UTC 2008

My sympathies and condolences. Been there...done that...and should buy
the T-shirt.

Both 8.04 and 8.10 have proved to be unstable on my AMD64 box. First it
was Flash players that caused lockups and then it was running out of
memory by simply using the mouse when any graphics intense work is being
done. Other distros, all Debian based, showed the same instability. BTW
both 32 bit and 64 bit versions were the same....lock ups before you can
do anything productive.

Now looking for a non Debian distro ......sigh.

Brent