Ubuntu users in Ontario, Canada?

geo yaktur at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 25 01:05:34 UTC 2008

I did many changes and installed more files from Synaptic, then I restarted.

I put a file, test.php, into the /var/www/ folder. I just copy and pasted it with a simple plain text editor.

I went to the file:

http://georutkay.homelinux.org/test.php

And it pops up in Firefox:

"You have chosen to open
test.php
which is a: PHP script
from: http://georutkay.homelinux.org

What should Firefox do with this file?
Open with Firefox (default)
Save to Disk"

If I click on Open, it will just keep repeating this message over and over.
Something is just not right, that's why these things are driving me up the wall because I follow the advice I get and nothing works right.

The same thing happens if I type http://localhost/test.php. Exactly the same thing happens.

geo