DVD Movies.

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 03:03:37 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 10:39 PM, Alfred <alfred.s at nexicom.net> wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I have a new DVD rom- in 7.10. I set it up to play DVD Movies. It worked
> just fine for a while. Yesterday I played Live-Free or Die Hard, Twice
> to see the difference between the Theatrical Version and the Unrated
> version. Today I tried to play another movie, but now all the Movie
> Players Don't Work! Is there a utility for finding and removing
> RootKits. Sony used this once, but it may be what is going on here. I
> didn't make Copies of the DVD's I just Played them, yet Totem now
> Crashes when it goes to play the DVD. I have a DVD Player but my house
> guest sleeps in that room, and I can't always watch a rented movie using
> it.
>
> Any Ideas about this?

The Sony rootkit was only for Windows computers, and only for music CD:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_Sony_BMG_CD_copy_protection_scandal

Is the DVD you are trying to play today the exact same one you played
yesterday, or it's another one?  i.e, do you have problems playing
any DVD you know for sure you played before?

--
Daniel Robitaille
 http://friendfeed.com/robitaille