Some Quirks in 7.10

Alfred alfred.s at nexicom.net
Thu Nov 29 01:05:33 UTC 2007

I put 7.10 on a 320 Gig Hard Drive. That went OK. It asked to import
Folders from the previous version, but, I put it on this single drive,
so there was nothing there to import. After I had 7.10 and all the
Download on that Drive. I hooked up the little Drive I had my 6.06-1 on,
and then made that the Slave Drive to my 320 Gig Drive. Otherwise GRUB
write a file on the 320 Gig Drive, to look for that smaller drive
afterwards. Now the Import feature is nowhere to be found.

1) Is it possible to get back to that Import Folders Feature? I mounted
that smaller hard drive and then Copied all the folders, in my area in
6.06-1, but don't know for sure just where all the E-mail Files are
Stored in the Linux File System.
To find the Apt Cache I did a search for .deb and found that
in /var/cache/apt/archives I'm not sure what the E-mail file extension
is so I can do a search for that in 6.06-1.

When setting up the E-mail in Evolution on 7.10 everything went in OK,
and I check the Punctuation, and for some reason, my Dial-up Password
would not be recognised by my IP. Then The Send Receive function in
Evolution went Greyed Out, and it can't pick up the mail, or send mail
now.

2) Can I just start this Over. Get rid of these settings, and then put
in new ones? There must be some way to fix it, so Evolution Works, as a
mail Client.

I'm back to using 6.06-1 until these things get fixed.

Alfred