Some Quirks in 7.10

Corey Burger corey.burger at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 05:01:20 UTC 2007

On Nov 28, 2007 5:05 PM, Alfred <alfred.s at nexicom.net> wrote:
> I put 7.10 on a 320 Gig Hard Drive. That went OK. It asked to import
> Folders from the previous version, but, I put it on this single drive,
> so there was nothing there to import. After I had 7.10 and all the
> Download on that Drive. I hooked up the little Drive I had my 6.06-1 on,
> and then made that the Slave Drive to my 320 Gig Drive. Otherwise GRUB
> write a file on the 320 Gig Drive, to look for that smaller drive
> afterwards. Now the Import feature is nowhere to be found.
>
> 1) Is it possible to get back to that Import Folders Feature? I mounted
> that smaller hard drive and then Copied all the folders, in my area in
> 6.06-1, but don't know for sure just where all the E-mail Files are
> Stored in the Linux File System.
> To find the Apt Cache I did a search for .deb and found that
> in /var/cache/apt/archives I'm not sure what the E-mail file extension
> is so I can do a search for that in 6.06-1.

Assuming you are talking about the migration stuff in the installer,
no, there isn't. Might be nice to break that out to be a standalone
app.

As for your email, it is stored under the home directory. You need to
make certain to get all the hidden . (dot) files as well. There is no
nice way to get this done. What would recommend is to create a new
user. Copy over all your entire home directory. To show the hidden
files, hit Ctrl-H when looking at the old home directory. Then login
as that user to verify everything is there and working. After that,
you can delete the old user, the first one that got created on your
computer.

Basically, yes those instructions suck, but that is about the best
there exists right now.

Cheers,

Corey