LoCo team starting in Fredericton New Brunswick/Independent study of local colleges - Request for comments

Rouben rouben at rouben.net
Thu May 24 11:57:22 UTC 2007

Hello Richard,

Seneca college here in Toronto has an interesting program in
cooperation with the Mozilla foundation. One of their higher-level
courses involve a coding project aimed at implementing features and
bugfixing straight out of Mozilla's Bugzilla bug tracking system.

http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/wiki/index.php/DPS909

I hope this gives you a suitable example of a college-level course
applying OSS for comparison.

There is also a number of courses at the University of Toronto, where
I work (and promote Ubuntu whenever I can :) ) that are based on OSS.
One such course which I helped support used MySQL and PostgreSQL
databases.

Rouben