Getting the wireless to work

Preston Smith prbasmith at gmail.com
Sun May 20 19:14:06 UTC 2007

Hello,

Well I seem to have resolve my USB install and boot problems.

Now on to a bigger problem.  I can not get my wireless to work.

I have an HP Compaq Presario V2414NR running XP2.  It has a Broadcom
802.11 b/g wireless LAN adaptor with 125HSM/Speedbooster Support (I
think it is a BCM 4318).  It has a keyboard button which turns the WLAN
on and off.

My Router is a D-Link WBR 2310

Since installing Ubuntu 7.04 I have not been able to connect and in fact
have no indication that the WLAN adaptor is working.  I have looked at
forums and How-to's until my eyes glazed over with absolutely no success

Thanks,

Preston