Resolution Dilemma

Alfred alfred.s at nexicom.net
Wed May 16 12:26:25 UTC 2007

To Clarify:

Nvidia made Linux Drivers for all their Cards. They call it the Linux
Advantage, something like that. One Driver Fits all type of thing. My
Nvidia AGP 6200 works with an earlier Nvidia Driver, that works with
Ubuntu. I set it to 1280x1024 and it goes all the way down to 640x480. I
can use TV Out, and DVI if I want to. (About $79.00 for the 128MB
Version AGPx8) I get 320 Frames per second, in 3-d and 2-d, at millions
of colours. No more Jerky Video. On this list I was given 2 links on how
to set it up, after trying to do the set up for two years on my own. 20
minutes later, it worked just fine! The Book Beginning Ubuntu Linux from
Novice to Professional by Keir Thomas -Apress Books helped, also. There
are lots of tips on setting up Hardware for Ubuntu in there. (About
$30.00 in Canada.)

ATI was bought by AMD - hmmm. I knew they were bought out, wasn't sure
who did that. It will be nice when Linux Drivers for everything become
available.

Alfred!