Ubuntu Certification

Torsten Spindler torsten at ubuntu.com
Sat May 5 15:22:04 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-05-05 at 09:17 -0300, RIchard Seguin wrote:
> I wonder when the testing centers will have the Ubuntu certification
> ready.  I also wonder who will recognize it other
> then the open source world... I hope it will hold some merit eventually.

You can conveniently take the Ubuntu Certified Professional (UCP) exams
at Silvan Prometrics or Pearson Vue certification sites. Take a look at
http://www.lpi.org/en/lpi/english/certification for more details.
Information specific to the UCP is available here:
http://www.lpi.org/en/lpi/english/certification/ubuntu_mysql

I found that the LPI-101 and LPI-102 exams are not very hard, while the
LPI-199 (Ubuntu Exam) does deliver more punch (very strong IMO).

On the acceptance of the certification, I believe it is on par with the
other LPI certifications in general.

Regards,
Torsten