Fluxbuntu

Donald donmila1 at shaw.ca
Thu Jul 5 11:56:06 UTC 2007

Bob Chandler wrote:

>> Hmmmm, Fluxubuntu sounds a bit like a heavier version of PuppyLinux,
>> which is what I am playing around with, given the limitations of my
>> present machine, (P-2, 333 mhz sporting something like 80(?) megs of
>> Ram...)  Any advice?
>> Don.
>>

> Sorry about my last post, I thought I'd edited out all of the old quotes
> before hitting the "send" button.
>
> Don, I have no experience at all with Fluxbuntu. I only know what I read
> on the website.   They seem to be comparing it more to a server
> optimized version of Ubuntu where you don't want to waste alot of
> computer resources on a GUI and graphical applications...so you'll do
> most of the work on the command line...lots of "apt-get install ...." ;)
>
> BTW, I came across a page with a whole lot of "derrivative" distros of
> Puppy Linux for various purposes.    I haven't tried any of them.
>
> It's at:  http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/index.php?f=35
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bob

Thanks Bob, for the clarification, which you provided....I think I'll
stick to both Xubuntu, and (try To
Dual Boot with) PuppyLinux...for now, until I can get another machine,
(more memory(?))....Makes me
wonder as to what to do with these oldies, if I do abtain another
masheen? :-\
PBPGINFWMY! ;-)

Don.