Printers and scanners installation

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Fri Jan 12 09:26:16 UTC 2007

Don and/or Mila Trombley wrote:
> I have a HP deskjet 930c printer and a Hp Scanjet 4300c which I wish to
> install.
> When I tried to type in:
> sudo apt-get install build-essential python2.4-dev python2.4-qt3
> libcupsys2-dev libsnmp9-dev libipeg62-dev lsb libtoolsautomake1.9
> libusb-dev   <enter>

I mentioned the hplip driver earlier, which explicitly supports the 930c
(see http://hplip.sourceforge.net/supported_devices/inkjet.html). The
scanner requires the
driver listed at http://sourceforge.net/projects/hp3300backend -- I
don't know if there's an Ubuntu package for this.

As for your list above, I'm not sure you need all that. You need 'sane'
and its utilities, the 3300 scanner driver, and hplip for the printer
(along with CUPS).

Why any of this would require a pythin development system is unclear.

- Evan