[SPAM] Re: hplip

Don and/or Mila Trombley donmila at shaw.ca
Tue Feb 6 21:24:34 UTC 2007

Daniel Robitaille wrote:

>On 2/6/07, Torsten Spindler <torsten at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>

>>On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 11:29 -0800, Don and/or Mila Trombley wrote:
>>

>>>Please try d'ling again...which I did a number of times with the ssame
>>>results... Any suggestions?
>>>

>>Try to install hplip via synaptic.
>>

>There is a packaged named "hplip"  already be installed by default on
>a normal Ubuntu install.  A look at my dapper computer shows that I
>have version 0.9.7-4ubuntu1.  That packages contains various drivers
>for HP devices.
>
>But that Ubuntu version doesn't depends on Py-Qt, so I just wonder if
>that HPLIP from the HP web site is  a totally different beast.
>

>  Is
>there any particular reason why you need that software?

The main reason I got the HPLIP is because The original software was
meant for Windows, and it would not
load into Linux Xubuntu to run the Printer and scanner, (it would not
work with CUPS). So following the
suggestions given to me from others,  I went  to Hewlett-Packard's web
site, and D/led the software, and,
loaded it into the PB machine...and fighting the  ******** system to get
the ** Printer to work..

I even tried to D/L HPLIP from  the Ubuntu web site via Synapitc, with
the resulting hanginng of the system,
getting nowhere.